• We offer a wide range of maternity care services.
• Your pregnancy journey is an important and exciting experience, and we would like to ensure that you receive the best care.
• During your pregnancy we provide antenatal care at Winsetha Hospital. You will be able to meet a specialist consultant of your choice at Winsetha Hospital. During your antenatal visits you will have your blood tests, measurements, and scans to make sure that you and your baby are well.
• Once your baby is born you will be cared for by a team of specialist doctors, midwives and support workers who will help you with parenting and feeding. We assure you that will give you and your baby the best possible start for a new chapter.
• There is nothing more important than the health and well-being of you and your baby and you can be confident that we have modern technology and a highly skilled and dedicated team to support you at every stage.
• When you are admitted to our hospital you will be made to feel completely at home, so you are relaxed and ready to have your baby.
• Our team of obstetricians and midwives aim to keep you comfortable and ensure you have everything you need. They will be available to answer any questions you have, and you will have your own midwife to look after you throughout your delivery and after your baby is born.
Pain relieving options
• You will be encouraged to move around during labour, because keeping upright is thought to help facilitate effective contractions and promote good positioning of the baby.
• Rest, keeping well hydrated and eating a light diet is also important.
Some women practice breathing techniques to help with relaxation during labour. Other options available include:
• Entonox (Gas and air)
• Pain reducing drugs such as pethidine